- € 150.000
- Min. investment
- € 250
- Company type
- Startup Innovativa
- Quota type
- A (€ 10.000), B
We started from a known problem: the increase in human population, expected to be 10 billions within 2050 that, as a consequence, implies the need to produce more with less resources, in every sector.
For agriculture, beginning to feel the issues related to climate changes, this means to produce 100% more food, consuming less resources. Today agriculture is responsible for consuming the 70% of one of the most important resources: water.
The water used is often wasted due to traditional methods and to obsolete and expensive technologies that make agriculture a deeply inefficient sector. The average water consumption per hectare for perennial crops (orchards, vineyards and olive groves) is around 3.500 cubic meters per year.
We founded Revotree, innovative startup, to propose our solution: a hardware and software platform for precision farming. With revotree the farmer can:
- monitor the soil status,
- manage agronomic operations and on-field activities,
- automate the watering system, optimising his processes.
Revotree integrates easy-to-install soil probes, weather stations and solenoid valves thanks to a platform capable of managing the devices and the farm operations.
The platform allows the real-time data analysis, the sharing of the best practices and the actuation of the watering system, to obtain a natural and economic resource saving, important for farms of every dimension.
The farms using Revotree save up to 50% of water and a lot of time in operations, increasing the productivity of their crops.
The spread of our system brings with it a strong social and environmental impact, just think that for each hectare managed with our solution, Revetree allows to save 1.750 cubic meters of water per year, virtually useful to quench around 1.500 people every year.
The company was founded in July 2017 and our solution is already installed on more than 50 hectares (500.000 cubic meters). We have an approach that facilitates the scalability and the market penetration to reach as quick as possible our goal of improving the efficiency of agriculture, globally.
The precision farming market is constantly increasing its importance: from the increased production need, to the political direction towards which the European Union is moving, to the generational change, to the european and global investment trends, everything indicates how agriculture is calling for an evolution in the management of the processes.
In this context, we exploit the newest IoT and machine learning technologies to increase the efficiency of an entire sector. With a team made of Engineers and Designers from Politecnico di Milano, we don’t fear the challenge that every radical change poses and we are ready to provide a long term support to the project in its critical areas.
Our team, one year after the company was born, has designed and developed from scratch the Revotree system: from the design, to the software, up to the electronics.
We already validated on the market three hardware products aimed at controlling the irrigation, along with a software platform for the management of the devices targeted at small and big farmers.
However, this is only the first step of a long-term vision. We rely on an agronomic intelligence driven by technology, able to provide answers to the new food need of human population and we are here to build the basis with you.
The next phases of our project require the development of a complete management platform for the farming processes (not only water related) and the design of machine learning models aimed at providing specific services for the various actors involved in agriculture: farmers, agronomists, cooperatives.
Investing in precision farming in Italy today is strategic because it offers a big market (just think to the 1.2 million farms working in the fruit and wine industry, according to ISTAT) but also because, thanks to the heterogeneity of its lands, Italy allows a diversified scientific study, optimal in terms of machine learning performances.
Our project was embraced by different realities in the digital world, like:
- Google: we were selected for Android Factory 4.0 incubation programme.
- LVenture Group: we participated in the LUISS ENLABS acceleration programme.
- Premio Gaetano Marzotto: we are among the finalist of the Premio Gateano Marzotto from the Social Faire accelerator.
Entering the team of Revotree you can contribute to the solution of one of the most important global problems of the next 30 years: the water scarcity and the sustainable food production.
In just one year, with our know-how and a pre-seed investment from LVenture Group, we completed the first phase of our vision:
- the production of three hardware devices for the environmental anlysis
- the development of a software platform allowing a simple management of the devices and a basic water saving
We also validated the two selling channels planned in our first phase:
- an offline channel (commercial conracts aimed at selling and distributing devices) that brought us to install our system in 20 farms, of small and big dimension, between Italy and Switzerland, with a total area managed of 50 Ha and a revenue of €6.000 (€300/azienda, paid one-off).
- an online channel (through our web and mobile platform for the self-quotation and purchase) that has already collected 70 pre-orders in one month, with an average cart of €600/order for the hardware devices.
In this first phase we have chosen a low-price strategy to spread as much as possible our solution: this allows us to be installed by a great number of customers which are a base to upsell services and to activate the next phases of our project, detailed in the STRATEGIA tab.
To give strength and substance to our entrance on the market, we chose the following partnerships with different actors of our sector:
- Commercial partneships:
- with 6 distributors of agricultural equipment (nationally, for the italian market).
- with the Department of Agriculture of the State of Geneva for the adoption of the system in the vineyards for the identification of the fungal diseases.
- with HerbaMonkey for the adoption of our technology for the management of the environmental parameters in the industrial hemp greenhouses.
- Scientific partnership with Landlab research laboratory, working in the turf field to address urban needs.
- LUISS ENLABS (LVenture Group), startup accelerator. We were selected to participate to the LUISS ENLABS acceleration programme.
- We were selected as finalists to the incubation programme Android Factory 4.0 (managed by LVenture Group and Google).
- Fondazione Brodolini, foundation for the connection among social impact companies.
After one year from the foundation, Revotree has validated the market and is now ready to penetrate it on large scale and, after capital injection, to become one of the main actor in the precision farming sector.
Use of proceeds
The goals of this funding round are based on a modular development plan, depending on the results of the campaing ranging from a minimum investment needed of €150k to a maximum of €350k.
The capital raised will be used for:
- The development of a digital sales channel with online marketing campaigns.
- The development of an offline sales channel with the participation to fairs and events (EIMA, MacFruit, Interpoma).
- Hire a team for the sales management (salesmen and marketing manager).
- Hire an agronomist for the customer support.
- Improve the IoT platform permances.
- Start the mass production of the devices.
- Hire at least another software developer for the maintenance of the platform and for the development of the new features.
- Hire at least another electonical engineer for the development of the new hardware features.
From a commercial point of view, our goal is to reach more than 750 devices installed within the next year (with an expected revenue around €300k).
As anticipated, our commercial goals, the hiring and the dimension of the marketing campaigns will vary according to the capital injected in the company.
The information on the offer is not subject to approval by Consob. The bidder is solely responsible for the completeness and truthfulness of the data and information provided by the same. The investor's attention is also drawn to the fact that the investment, including through OICR or companies that mainly invest in financial instruments issued by small and medium-sized companies, is illiquid and characterized by a very high risk.