In a society where everything is a copy of something else, where homologation has become normality, where the big fashion brands are constantly looking for differentiation but too often fall in banality, the intuition of Viviana Vignola and the Racine Carrée Team is distinguishing itself for its style and unique business model.
Racine Carrée is a modern luxury brand of women shoes, 100% made in Italy, that proposes itself as a game changer of fashion rules, by introducing a unique omnichannel concept of accessible luxury, thanks to an extremely fast time to market, due to the direct control of the supply chain, and thanks to the on line and off line product customization system, so disintermediating the traditional channels for the benefit of customers, that can now really get accessible and fair prices for top quality and stylish items.
The unique positioning of Racine Carrée is based on the following key drivers of innovation and diversification:
- Iconic models and the original identity of the brand designed by the Founder, who grew up in her family tannery business and has inherited high passion and product competences
- The full control of the Supply Chain, thanks to Founder’s family business supplier network, that allows to reduce the time-to-market and to ensure extremely high level and quality of the product
- The direct-to-consumer distribution chain, which disintermediates the traditional channels so allowing to transfer this efficiency directly to clients with accessible prices for an extremely high-level product
- The opportunity for clients to personalize theirs products, that is also the main focus of the equity crowdfunding campaign. The equity that will be raised with this campaign will be invested to create an online configurator, through which the client will be able to finalize the product with unique and “personal” features, as for example the selection of the heals, the selection of the patches, the color combination, etc. The personalization process will be developed in a second stage also in the physical store, in cooperation with Else Corp. a Start up of technological solutions for Virtual Retail and Cloud Manufacturing to fashion brands, resellers, producers and designers.
Just one year and half after its launch in 2016, thanks to the uniqueness of the brand and its innovative business model, Racine Carrée has already achieved important results and recognitions on national and international levels, where its unique design makes it unmistakable. The brand already has a very interesting press release, great visibility due to a large presence on the top fashion on line and off line magazines at global level (i.e. Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Vanity Fair, etc.), thanks also to the creation of limited edition models for significant events where international ambassadors have worn Racine Carrée’s shoes (i.e. Milan Fashion Week 2018, Cannes Film Festival 2018, Festival del Cinema di Venezia 2018) and with the support of European Influencers (like Kat Grahm, Eleonora Carisi, Patricia Manfield, Sara Battaglia etc.), achieving in 2017, the first €500.000 of cumulated sales.
Today Racine Carrée is in front of the challenge of having a quantum leap, which can allow the brand to fully exploit its potential by fully implementing its innovative and disruptive model in the fashion industry. Racine Carrée wants to take full advantage of the ongoing growth of the very big fashion and luxury industry in the upcoming years and wants to grab the opportunity to give a significant boost to its growth so becoming one of the best seller brands, distributed worldwide.
This equity crowdfunding campaign is part of a wider path of capital increases, involving also institutional investors. In the whole funding strategy, the planned capital increases will be used to enforce the commercial expansion of the brand in the most important geographies of the world, including the opening of new physical stores to sustain the on-line brand strategy. The CrowdFundMe funding has a first specific objective which is the development of the online configurator, through which customers will be able to personalize their Racine Carrée shoes.
Racine Carrée is a fashion-luxury brand already focused abroad (> 75% turnover) in an industry where Italian excellence has always been recognized as “top in class”. For the exit we already have strong interest from a couple of venture capitalists, also specialized in the sector, emanation of large fashion groups, who are following us carefully and investing in start-ups that have reached 2 / 2.5 million euro. Given the expected growth, we are already looking forward to 2020.
The fact that Racine is focused on “export” is a very important condition for all institutional investors; In fact our “country risk” is substantially nill for us (while today unfortunately this issue is again “under the limelight” for Italy). And considering also Racine Carrée’s innovative model and the fact that is playing in a market where Italians have been for decades a global excellence gives us a lot of attention to invest.
The innovation drivers (iconic brand, control of the supply chain, disintermediation of traditional channels and product customization) make Racine Carrée a unique business model been conceived, thought and planned thanks to a strong team, led by the Founder, which integrates relevant and complementary experiences in product, supply chain and sales&marketing.
The elements of relevant value are:
- The guidance of the key figure of the Founder and Designer, Viviana Vignola, who distinguishes herself thanks to a consolidated experience in the market and for the profound knowledge of the luxury and fashion market and its competitive dynamics. Her innovative ideas, her maniacal attention to details, her constant search of perfection are enormous added values for the brand
- The strong personality of the brand and the innovative business model, that has already claimed its own positioning in the global fashion industry, has a significant potential of growth. Appreciation comes also from Influencers and industry experts so enhancing its style, 100% made in Italy, its elegance and creativity.
- The Team next to the Founder with a proven experience in this industry
- The “tier one” Strategic Partners with whom the company is finalizing a long-term partnership:
- Else Corp. for the product personalization thanks to their Cloud SaaS & API di Virtual Couture Fashion technological platform (that allows automation of product personalization processes and the tailor made of retail sales)
- Instilla, that will be responsible for SEO consulting, local SEO e direct conversion marketing.
- Reaching concrete results since the beginning, confirmed by another revenue doubling foreseen in 2018, pushing sales over €650.000
The innovative business model is allowing the brand to conquer a distinctive positioning in a large and still fast-growing industry, based on the following pillars:
- Iconic products of distinctive personality and image, 100% made in Italy
- An innovative and addictive shopping experience, thanks to a high level tailoring of the products and the possibility to customize models upon customers request, both online and, later on , off line, in revolutionary flagship/temporary stores, for a seamless omnichannel shopping experience. This will be supported by a new on line configuration system to be developed in the next months and the virtual technology to build in the stores in the upcoming future.
- A direct-to-consumer distribution strategy both on line and off line, bypassing non-useful and expensive levels of intermediation, so providing the customer a “truly” accessible prices, much more competitive than traditional luxury brands.
- An extremely efficient logistic, that allows to offer an amazing service level for this industry, ensuring products delivery in a few days from the order
To sustain this strategy, a relevant communication strategy will keep on going, focused on the digital and innovative channels with a growing presence on the social media, partnerships with key Influencers, and organization of few selected exclusive events (i.e. in occasion of Milan and Paris Fashion Week).
In less than two years of business activity, thanks to the creative power and the intuition of the designer Viviana Vignola and the capabilities of her Team, Racine Carrée has been able to create tangible results. This also as a consequence of the active promotion of the brand on various channels and a distinctive and innovative positioning on the online fashion luxury market. Main results are:
- 2017 Sales: over €320.000, of which more than 20% online (double compared to 2016). In 2018 we expect gross sales to overcome €650.000
- Establishment of “iconic models” such as Kallisteè e Reneè Booties around which the brand is creating its identity
- Continuous cooperation with more than 50 retail stores in Milan, Venice, Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Doha, Los Angeles, Las Vegas…
- Participation and organization of unusual events on the international fashion industry landscape: Milan Fashion Week (Wunderbox event), Cannes Film Festival (creation of limited-edition models), Salone del Mobile 2018, Festival of Venice with Red Carpet actresses and top models.
- Partnerships with relevant Influencers like Kat Grahm, Simona Ventura, Patricia Manfield, Shannon Purser, Natasha Stefanenko, Alessandra Grillo, Sara Battaglia
- Presence in online and offline media: more than 300 articles published in Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Vanity Fair, etc.
Use of proceeds
Minimum goal of the campaign: 150.000 €
With the equity funding we will give priority in:
- Upgrading the E-commerce platform and development of the tailor-made product configurator
- Commercial launch of the configurator and development of the online B2C channel
This initiative is included in a wider range of initiatives that will mainly focus on:
- Advertising & Communication: continuing with the production of exclusive digital content (photos, videos, etc.); promoting the brand through celebrities, influencers and fashion bloggers; organizing events during fashion weeks
- Retail: opening and managing temporary stores (currently opened in Via Verri in Milan) and pop-up in exclusive department stores (e.g. La Rinascente, Coin Excelsior) between the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019; opening the first two flagship stores in 2020
- People and services: strengthening digital & marketing function and boosting customer service’s capability
- Technology and software: developing an ERP and customer care system to support the business.
The information on the offer are not subject to approval by Consob. The issuer is solely responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the data and information provided by the same. It also draws attention to the investor that the investment in financial instruments issued by innovative startup is illiquid and characterized by a very high risk.