- € 100.000
- Max target
- € 165.000
- Min. investment
- € 250
- Company type
- Startup Innovativa
- Quota type
- A (€ 15.000), B
Have you ever felt like ordering a cocktail, maybe a Moijto or a Long Island, but you had to give up to avoid drinking alcohol? Today 20% of people, who step in a bar, ask for a non-alcoholic drink, but they often get disappointed. This is the reason why MeMento was born, a mix of aromatic waters distilled with the scents of the Mediterranean Sea. An innovative solution that can be used as a base for cocktails, thus allowing consumers, among whom a healthy culture is spreading more and more, to avoid alcoholic beverages, without renouncing the pleasure of drinking with friends. With MeMento, taste and well-being go hand in hand.
The product is, as a matter of fact, made with ingredients of organic origin, naturally without alcohol, vegan, sugar- and gluten-free. It is addressed to a Premium target and, unlike alcoholic beverages, it can also be consumed by minors, by athletes, by those who have to drive or by pregnant women. It can also be drunk by those who choose not to drink alcohol for health or religious reasons and, of course, by non-drinkers.
MeMento can be found in the most important cocktail bars in Italy, such as Octavius and The Spirit in Milan, or Les Rouges in Genoa or in other locations, such as the Grand Hotel Portovenere. The product is also present abroad, for example at The Four Seasons in Dubai and at the Alterego Restaurant in Luxembourg.
MeMento is intercepting market and consumer changes. The main trend in the Drink Industry is that of a new category of non-alcoholic products, but different compared to the ordinary non-alcoholic drinks.
Attention to wellbeing is growing too: people are changing their lifestyle by making more informed decisions about what they consume. And MeMento also responds to the requests of bartenders and chefs, who are experiencing different ways to satisfy their clients’ tastes.
The renewal of the menus of cocktail bars, hotels and restaurants must also be emphasized: the search for original drinks and exclusive non-alcoholic products is on the rise.
And the investor can also trust in the increase in sales volumes: to date, more than 10,000 MeMento bottles have already been delivered worldwide, and the startup company is closing several agreements for the marketing of the product in many Countries. In Italy, a 5-year distribution contract was signed with one of the largest players in the sector, which allows coverage throughout the national territory. It is important to highlight that 70% of the turnover is generated abroad. Another strong point: the potential of the MeMento brand has received the attention of prestigious Italian and international publications, such as Elle, Corriere della Sera, Marie Claire, El Pais, Panorama, Gente, Delicatessen UK.
Both the brand and the bottle design are registered. The latter, in particular, is protected for the next 25 years, to prevent the product from possible counterfeits.
MeMento, has also activated collaborations with some of the main Italian universities dedicated to innovation, such as the MIP – Politecnico di Milano and LIUC Università Carlo Cattaneo. The startup company has even become a case study to be presented to the management engineering students.
- A 5-year distribution agreement with Tek Bar and the presence of dealers in different countries, such as England, Belgium, Holland, Canada.
- The bottle has already been purchased and delivered in the USA, Canada, Japan, UAE, Bahrain, Australia, Russia, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, and in many other countries.
- The participation in numerous international trade fairs, including Bar Convent Berlin, VENUEZ in Antwerp, Mindful Drinking Festival in London, The Gin Day in Milan.
- The product was used as an ingredient in the drink by Pietro Guli, who won the Sparkling competition at the FIB – Federazione Italiana Barman championship.
- The company has been commissioned non-alcoholic catering bar services by numerous clients and the first night completely WITHOUT ALCOHOL was successfully organized at Fuorisalone 2018
- Th participation as an innovative startup company in business development programs, such as Milano Luiss and Italia Restartup di ICE – Agency for the Internationalization of Italian Enterprises at SMAU 2018
- MeMento is part of cultural activities for the promotion of fundamental values, such as the battle against alcohol abuse through the Centro Studi Grande Milano.
Use of proceeds
With the capital raised, MeMento will invest in:
- Brand Line Extension. A new product is expected to be launched in September 2019 with the same characteristics as the original one, but different in terms of ingredients and flavor. This will make possible to accelerate the growth of profits.
- Internationalization (North America). The startup company is convinced that the product is very attractive on the US and Canadian markets for several reasons:
- Compared to Europe there is a greater habit of drinking cocktails during meals.
- In the menus there is often a list of the ingredients and the caloric values are highlighted (drinks prepared with MeMento contain on average 75% less calories than what supplied by alcoholic drinks).
- The startup company, with no marketing activity, receives many orders from North American clients, and the US visitors of the website are growing (currently 15%).
- MeMento, being non-alcoholic, has no import problems.
- The company confirmed a booth at BCB Brooklyn (June 2019), the largest trade fair in the US, where it is going to meet local distributors and dealers.
- Marketing and Consolidation of the Presence in Europe. To continue with Social Marketing and Direct Marketing activities by participating in events and trade shows. Confirmed the presence at the most important global event in the bartending sector, the BCB Berlin in October.
- Team Growth. Professionals will be included, particularly in the Social Media Marketing and Customer Service sectors.
The information on the offer is not subject to approval by Consob. The bidder is solely responsible for the completeness and truthfulness of the data and information provided by the same. The investor's attention is also drawn to the fact that the investment, including through OICR or companies that mainly invest in financial instruments issued by small and medium-sized companies, is illiquid and characterized by a very high risk.