- € 175.000
- Min. investment
- € 500
- Company type
- Startup Innovativa
- Quota type
- A (€ 35.000), B
Teamwork today plays a crucial role in any organization, and work environments are evolving rapidly. HRT’s Huddle Hub is the most innovative solution for content sharing, because it meets all the needs of new jobs: flexibility, speed and interconnection.
In companies all over the world there are more than 50 million meeting rooms not equipped for collaborative activities: just a table and some chairs. They are called huddle rooms.
Huddle Hub makes these rooms functionally equivalent to meeting rooms equipped with large screens, projectors and video conferencing, using only the personal devices that accompany us in the work (laptops, tablets and smartphones).
The first product of the family, Huddle Hub One, is based on a technology patented by HRT and is already purchased by companies all over the world. And not just for the huddle rooms: Huddle Hub is designed to take different configurations and adapt to all types of rooms and organizational contexts.
Huddle Hub is the only product on the market that allows you to send the screen of any device – PC, tablet, smartphone – to other individual devices.
A fully equipped room is no longer necessary to present some digital content, any space becomes suitable: huddle rooms, offices, open spaces, lounges…
While traditional solutions only allow you to send the screen of a device to a TV, with Huddle Hub the other participants can receive the same image on their device, without any cable and without any remote connection.
The resulting communicative experience is more enjoyable: participants can look at each other instead of being forced to rotate their head or body towards the screen. Even those in the back can see the data clearly.
The resulting collaboration is more fluid and effective.
Huddle Hub can also be used outside of business contexts: during a university lesson, a training course or a convention, even participants sitting further away from the projection screen will be able to receive clear images on their device.
These are the advantages for those who choose to work with Huddle Hub:
- Flexibility: booking meeting rooms is no longer necessary, because any space serves the purpose: just bring your own devices. This meets the needs of modern collaborative work, which requires rapid and timely interactions and decisions.
- Effectiveness: the communication experience is more natural and fluid, because you can follow the presentations from the screen of your device.
- Direct savings: abundance of meeting rooms is no longer necessary, nor equipping existing ones with expensive audio/video equipment.
- Indirect savings: meetings can be held anywhere, any office can become a meeting room in the blink of an eye, or even a corridor or coffee break room becomes suitable for an impromptu meeting.
Huddle Hub One has been on the market since 2018: more than 600 units have been sold for a turnover of around € 500,000.
Based on a technology patented by HRT, Huddle Hub is the only Wireless Presentation System (WPS) that supports Device-To-Device presentation and is born to bring BYOD to a new level.
Stefano Spattini, the founder of HRT, has a brilliant background in the field of audio/video software technologies: in the past he created e-works, the first Italian company to develop a webconference solution, then sold to 3CX Ltd.
During 2018 HRT started the commercialization of Huddle Hub in all the main world markets, through the specialized distribution channel. In order to effectively deal with the American market – which is the most important technological area in the world – HRT established HRT USA, Inc., a 100% controlled company in Reno, Nevada, a city where several big names in tech have moved or expanded in recent years, including Apple, Tesla, Switch and Google.
Huddle Hub is an efficient and cost-effective alternative to the expensive legacy audio/video equipment for meeting rooms, which can virtually transform any space in a meeting room.
Huddle Hub differs substantially from other presentation systems:
- it is the only presentation system that allows presenting from one device to other devices, without the need for a dedicated screen (Device-To-Device Presentation);
- it is the only one that allows up to 4 simultaneous but independent presentations with a single device (Multi-Room);
- it is the only one that implements the Wireless Webcam technology: the video of any webcam can be sent, without cables, to any videoconference system (Skype, Zoom, Hangout, WebeX, etc.).
With its extremely intuitive interface, Huddle Hub offers an unprecedented and unrivaled user experience among presentation systems, where the result is just two clicks away.
At InfoComm 2018 – the world’s leading trade fair for the entire sector, held in Las Vegas last June – the authoritative industry magazine/blog RAVE awarded Huddle Hub “Best Wireless Product of InfoComm 2018“.
The innovation of the solution has also been rewarded by the Emilia-Romagna Region with a grant of 90,000 euros as part of the POR-FESR Emilia-Romagna 2014-2020 project.
HRT is a small company that thinks big, careful to contain costs, but projected to compete on all the world markets of audio/video systems.
HRT is an innovative startup, which means that Italian investors will benefit from government fiscal deductions.
In 2016 and 2017, HRT was involved in the research and software development activities that led to the creation of Huddle Hub. In 2018 the marketing of the product began, and HRT sold 600 units in six effective months, achieving a consolidated turnover (HRT + HRT USA) of around € 500,000.
Among the many companies that have adopted Huddle Hub we can mention Colliers International, Amundi Asset Management, Mentor Graphics, Ferretti, Panini, Trak Kit, Reno Collective, Bank of China (New Zealand) and McLeod Sears.
HRT entered the scale-up phase, with an expected growth rate of 20% per quarter.Distribution contracts have been signed for Italy, France, Germany, Great Britain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, USA (through HRT USA), Australia, Russia, India, United Arab Emirates. There are advanced negotiations for Spain and Portugal, Poland, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Japan, China, Taiwan, South Africa, Brazil.Patents and trademarks.
Some of the technological solutions adopted in the system are covered by a patent that HRT has already obtained in Italy and the USA, and which has also been deposited in the European Union, Canada, China, Japan, Russia, India and South Korea. The HRT and Huddle Hub trademarks have also been deposited in the same countries.
Use of proceeds
About 50% of HRT’s investments are directed towards marketing activities aimed at accelerating product penetration on the European, North American and Asian markets. The goal is to reach the largest possible number of Resellers and System Integrators – through industry fairs, dedicated events, direct communication and viral marketing – to let them know and adopt the Huddle Hub solution, and to achieve an annual growth rate higher than 70%.
The remaining 50% is invested in the development of the next generation of Huddle Hub family products. Today the product is available in the Huddle Hub One and Huddle Hub One + versions, but the company roadmap also includes:
- Huddle Hub Enterprise: an infrastructure product designed for large companies, offering the same benefits of Huddle Hub One in a scalable solution of virtually unlimited dimensions;
- Huddle Hub Two: a new hardware solution that optimizes the use of mobile devices during group videoconferences, offering an unprecedented experience in terms of communication, without the need to resort to external screens or webcams. For this project a patent has already been obtained (Italy and USA) and a second has been filed.
The information on the offer are not subject to approval by Consob. The issuer is solely responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the data and information provided by the same. It also draws attention to the investor that the investment in financial instruments issued by innovative startup is illiquid and characterized by a very high risk.